Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Hmm

So I am feeling vaguely poetic. Let's see if anything comes of it ('stead of my old sh**)

Sitting outside
At night
The air is cool
It passes through my lungs
Easily
As only the sharp air of autumn and winter can

I look up
Expecting to see the stars
Stars are, to me, the most vital feature
Of the night sky

Yet my searching eyes,
Those circular lenses that shape the world,
Can see nothing
Save darkness
And the artificial light that comes from
A streetlamp.

No stars.
Where can I be
That there are no stars to brighten
The night?
Lost?

No.

I am where I should be.

And yet...

Why does the world seem darker
In this place where I
Know I belong?

No stars...


~So yeah, that's me being vaguely poetic. I'm really not unhappy, I just kind of miss stars (obviously). But light pollution is a small price to pay for being so close to BOSTON. Gotta love it. Really.
Peace!

2 comments:

  1. I love the juxtaposition of happiness and darkness. It does work. I can feel your contentedness, so the brief jolt the lack of stars causes me to feel is only temporary. The peace you feel is much stronger than the darkness. I'm SO glad you are happy where you are. This will eventually become happiness with who you are...much more significant. I love you.

    Mom

    ReplyDelete