So, through a terribly overwhelming process known as the Housing Lottery, I was assigned a living space for next year. I'll take a second to outline the Lottery for your viewing pleasure.
Mid-February I recieved an e-mail telling me that my number was 425. This basically translates to...well...no one really knows. Not even the Dept. of Community Living can tell you. It's a fair number. I mean, the numbers went down to like 1000 something. The housing areas for sophomores are thus (in order of desirability): The Village (AC, and they clean your bathroom for you), Rosenthal (suite style living, close to lots of things, but you have to clean your own bathroom-traditionally party living), East (at the bottom of a large hill, doubles or singles, no suites-but traditionally more social than), The Castle (a Hogwarts-esque building that is supposed to be super anti-social but really, who cares. IT'S. A. FREAKING. CASTLE.), a single in North or Massell( freshman quads. yes, living with freshman as a sophomore. Not. Fun.), or, like, a trash can on the Great Lawn.
So with my number I was also assigned a housing appointment time. My appointment was sheer hell. I literally sat in a room full of nervous people for 3 hours. Everyone was nervous because we were all watching the projector screen which displayed the list of rooms still available. By the time we got to the 400s, people were sweating. Rosie and the Village were closed completely, East was rapidly closing. Things got super tense.
But then...sigh. It was over. The end of the world was averted as people were finally assigned their rooms, mostly the ones they originally wanted. It just all seemed to work out okay.
And I got my Castle room. SCORE!!!! I'm going to be at freaking Hogwarts next year. Suck on that. Yeah!!!! It's lovely. Google image search the Brandeis Castle. She's a beaut.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment