Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Eheh..

So posting regularly has clearly not happened. Sorry. Last week sucked hard core. Not going there. It's over.

This week has so far been nice. Monday in gym we did a hard core ab workout while listening to Ben Folds :) Love Ben Folds. He is actually coming to play at Brandeis, but I won't be able to see the concert because that's the only night I will be able to see A Chorus Line. Since I hung lights for Chorus, I figure I should go see it maybe.

Yes, I was so desperate for contact with a theatre that I learned how to hang lights. Let me tell you, fun stuff. For short periods of time. It's cool though. A lot of responsibility. If I had dropped one of those SUPER expensive lights, well, you get the idea. It's pretty straightforward work. I mean, I didn't design the plot so it was basically, "Hillary, put that source 4 HERE." Yeah. Easy easy.

This morning I had The Search for Identities in Modern Drama (my seminar class that read Spring Awakening forever ago). We just finished wiht Death of a Salesman (Streetcar Named Desire before that). As part of our discussion of the play, we had to get up in front of the class and talk for a minute about something we were passionate about. I talked about getting out of WV. I mean, it kind of drives me. Most peopel talked about art or music (one girl talked about Justin Timberlake). Anyway, since there are only like 8 of us and most of us live in Massell Quad, we all walk back together. This kid Mik said he thought it was cool that I had such a drive to get out and that I in fact DID. He is from upstate NY and says the same sort of stuck-ness exists there. We railed on country music for awhile, then we parted ways. Nice conversation. I absolutely love the kids in that class. Everyone is willing to lay themselves bare for our discussions. Awesome.

I got a care package from my friend Rebecca's mom :) That was SO nice of her!! I feel so loved <3 (that's a heart). <(") is a pengiun. Yeah. Fo sho.
Bye!

1 comment:

  1. I always begged off of doing anything with lights when I was in school studying theatre. I mean we all had to do something tech oriented for shows we were in, and the first thing I said was, "anything but lights", everytime.

    ReplyDelete