Sunday, November 15, 2009

Random

So Trishna and I were waiting at an exceptionally creepy commuter rail stop on Friday evening and we were sort of making up a horror story and freaking each other out. I'm going to expand on it a bit. Nothing to do with my life, I just figure that while I have you all here (those of you who have not completely given up on my erratic posting schedule) I might as well attempt to show off my writing a bit.
Here goes. PS, I have no idea where this is going, but there is potentially some creeper coming out of the shadows. None of this actually happened. The venue was just shady. It made our imaginations wander.

Ok.

Ever notice how fluorescent lights on concrete somehow just look...eery? She notices. She sits on a bench facing the stairs form which she came. She is alone. No one else is waiting for the train. The creepy quality of the light is made worse by the darkness of the night sky visible around the concrete barriers. The wind blows, and the girls whirls around as she hears a rushing noise and sees something move out of the corner of her eye. She relaxes as she sees it is only a wayward garbage bag, forgotten from the excesses of the day. The openness of this train stop is terrifying. She realizes that she could be surrounded completely and no one would hear her scream. The world is far enough away that any sound would be lost. Her heart beats faster. Her breath sounds loud in her ears. The decrepit tracks squeak with the subtle shifting of the night air. The wind rushes again, and the girl pulls her jacket tighter against the November chill. She glances behind her again, as she has been doing for the past ten minutes. The skin on the back of her neck perpetually prickling; a byproduct of the fear in the air.

When her eyes return to the tracks, she sees something to make her already rapidly beating heart move ever faster. A figure is coming out of the shadows. The blood is pounding in her ears as she watches the figure advance. It passes under a streetllight, and she sees that it is a man. An old man wearing a hooded jacket that darkens his face; revealing only his wide and menacing grin.

***Ok. This is getting too cliched for me. I thought it was going somewhere, but that kind of deadpanned. Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment