I have no idea where this came from. I started out just wanting to jot down a line or two about the ice. Here's what THAT turned into.
Ice makes the asphalt glitter
It's so beautiful that for a moment
I forget the treachery of treading upon such a glamorous surface. My boot slides, refusing to grant me the traction I need to remain upright. I fall.
Fall.
Fall.
I open my eyes.
There you stand.
You hold out a hand
Which I take, gladly.
You help me to my feet,
Turning the world back up the right way for me. I tilt my head so that I may look into your eyes.
You smile.
I smile.
We walk away from the scene of my
Fall.
Your hand in mine
That you may hold me up
And help to balance my world.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I love it..........and such a romantic ending!!!! I can actually feel that yummy hand. I really just love it! You just go girlie!! mom
ReplyDelete