Go there. It's freaking amazing.
Emily and I went on a Halloween costume searching adventure this past weekend and part of our adventure was dinner at Quincy Square Market. What a cool place.
It's a total tourist trap, first of all. But as I learned from my summer in Harpers ferry, tourists can be pretty cool people. The thought of tourists should not necessarily send one running in the other direction. I thought Harpers Ferry was diverse, but oh man. Quincy Square Market is WAY more so. There are people from all over the world gathered in this place. Emily and I heard a French conversation! I didn't understand a word of it, but still. Way cool.
The diversity of the populace is well represented by the services offered in Quincy Square Market. Basically a giant food court, I saw most of the globe represented in culinary form. I decided to go for some Bostonian cuisine. Emily and I both enjoyed soup in sourdough breadbowls. She had clam chowder, I had lobster bisque. Delicious! Maybe it was the soup, but the entire atmosphere just felt so...Boston. As a port city, it makes sense fro Boston to be a gathering a cultures in their more extreme form. As you go farther inland, the different cultures tend to be softened, more combined with US traditions.
In Boston all the culture feels stronger. Maybe that's just because I haven't been in a place that had any noticeable culture to speak of for most of my life. But I don't think that's it. I think Boston is truly a unique place. I really love this city. It has so much to offer, and I plan on exploring more of it as often as I can.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment