Agh.
Ok, so first of all I just have to say that I have been feeling icky for a few days, so the night before the above-mentioned atrocity I decided to put myself into NyQuil sleep. Which for me is akin to being dead.
So 11 a.m. I am dead asleep on my top bunk. Both Ilana and Trishna are in class (my first one on Wednesday is not until 1:10). Then,
THE FIRE ALARM GOES OFF.
FML. BML. WHATEVER.
I stagger out of bed, put my thougts in order enough to realize that I need real pants (not the tie dye boxer shorts I was wearing) and a sweatshirt (to hide the scandalous Shakespeare t-shirt that shows off my...well everything). Realize, that I also had to manipulate the ladder to get down from my bunk bed. All without dying! It was quite impressive.
Continuing. So the alarm is blaring like..I don't even know how to describe it. All the demons of Hell are screaming bloody murder. that's the sound. And I am half asleep staggering around. No one seems to be in my building. So I go outside, and see what must be half the Waltham police force and Bemco (Brandeis Medical..Co..). And a Waltham firetruck (aka a 15 seater van with FIRE SAFETY tattoed on the side. No lie). Someone tells me to go to Spingold (the theatre), so I stagger in that direction, wincing at the sunlight and the noise and just pissed to be awake ( my alarm was set for noon.).
** The sucky part of this fire drill is that it was jsut Massell Quad and 2/3 of them were in class anyway. So there was not a huge migration of people headed to a certain place that I could follow. I was much more on my own. No idea what to do. Yay for organization.**
So I made it to Spingold. Once inside I found a few of my hallmates, most of whom had also been rudely yanked from sleep. So we good-naturedly abused the administration for awhile, while waiting for the OK from the Very Important People gathered at the building. Someone go tup on stage and started counting us. There were only 35 people in the auditorium. That's like one floor of one building. There are 4 buildings in Massell, each with 4 floors. So there were a lot of people missing. But no way to determine if everyone who shoudl be in the building was in fact safe from the "fire". The guy counting us muttered "Typical Brandeis." My friends and I looke dat each other and were like, "Why are we here again??" Hahahaha. Oh right, because it's amazing. Except that if there actualyy was a fire we might all die.
Oh well.
We walked bakc to Massell, past the important people party outside Renfield (all uniformed and talking improtantly into walkie talkies. VEEERRRYYYY impressive).
Sleep at that point was a lost cause. Trishna had somehow made it back to the room before me, and she and I both established that we needed showers. So a mad dash ensued to get to the showers before they were taken ("Go go go! This is an emergecny drill! Go go go!"). And the guys in our hall now think we are insane thanks to our clad-only-in-towel hallway dashing. Fun times. :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment