Yes, I said that.
I was up at 8:15 this morning and relatively pissed. Then I spilled milk and cereal all over my keyboard which did nothing to improve my mood. But I cleaned it up, no worries. Soo, angry with the world, I set off for my First Year Seminar, Identities in Modern Drama. Topic of discussion? Our thoughts on the play we jsut read...
Spring Awakening :)
I LOVE SPRING AWAKENING. The script was originally written by Frank Wedekind in Germany in like the 1700s. Everyone hated it and thought Wedekind was cuhraaazy. So it was never produced. Well, Broadway in 2006 decided to take the script and make it into a rock musical! I love the music, and I was able to see the show over the summer. WOW. Youtube that shit. Right now. It's beauty. Art in its truest form. Love, angst, sex, more angst...haha wow. I don't even know how to describe it. Sheer Awesome.
So today's class w as devoted to talking about play vs musical and the amazingness of both. I went on a long rant about Melchior and how he wants to know about more than sex. He wants to know about EVERYHING. I can so hugely identify with Melchior. True he ends up sort of raping Wendla, but hey. Chalk it up to angst. Jk. Read the play. Download the music. Doooo iiiittttt!!!
I just wanted to share that. This class might make me a morning person.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment